Pages

Friday 4 March 2011

a holiday?

Today I am in the shop. It's very quiet today, with only the occasional visitor and passer by (is something happening that I don't know about?). I'm nursing a cold, drinking copious amounts of coffee, alternating between ibuprofen and paracetamol and listening to Joy Division. I am also preparing for a (whispers...) holiday. Hooray! I have finally allowed myself a proper bit of time off for some rest, relaxation and hopefully recuperation. It's been an awfully long time since I had time off, even at Christmas I only took 3 days off and then I was ill, and travelling, and chasing my nephew around my parents house, and cooking Christmas dinner....It's by no means a proper holiday, I shall not be off sunning myself anywhere, it will very much be a holiday at home. Doing nothing. 


So, in the spirit of doing nothing for a week I have umm....written a list of things I want to do....I think it's impossible for me to do nothing, I'm really not one for sitting around which may well be my problem...anyhoo. The list. 



  • Take my nephew to Gorgie City Farm/The Park/The Zoo (I may have to check with his mother first....)
  • Make at least one new dress. 
  • Take some photos
  • Go to the beach
  • Have lunch somewhere nice with Jonny
  • Read The Birds & Other Stories by Daphne Du Maurier which I bought over a year ago and haven't even started
  • Spend some time with Claira before she absconds to Sheffield. 
I'd also love to visit a castle, go charity shopping, read blogs, visit (more) friends, learn to crochet, make some jewellery, paint, have a picnic, discover some new music, go to the Edinburghs hidden Wild West village , start making a quilt, go for afternoon tea....but you know, I only have a week, so I'm willing to forego these things and just rest as much as I possibly can so I can get back to work with a clear head and fresh ideas! 

1 comment:

NYK in Frugaldom said...

If it's any consolation, it's very quiet here today, too. I think everyone's just realised we're into March, then gone into hiding in shock. LOL