Pages

Thursday 31 January 2008

too many spirits...

I return! Well infact, I returned on Tuesday, but I guess that's neither here nor there. Edinburgh was, as usual amazing. Although this time more so because of the visit to the college. It really was totally overwhelming - the size, the stuff, facilities, the atmosphere. But they are all good things that have made me want to go there even more. Now it's just a small matter of getting together application, portfolio, proposal and funding...to the tune of £6500ish..!! I'm going to have to throw all of my energy into this, when I can actually find some that is! I am so very tired and just feel like crawling back into bed - too many spirits visited me this weekend, both the alcoholic kind and the ones in my head. By tomorrow I'm hoping I can push them all to one side and just really get on with finding funding and sorting out my application...and new work. Aside from the visits by spirits I had a really, really good weekend.

My sister and I visited museums and spent some time looking at all kinds of stuffed creatures and creepy crawly things. I saw Sweeney Todd (which I would reccommend to anybody - another amazing film by Mr. Burton) I went to a Philosophy Society discussion group about 'the right to vote', met lovely people, I got myself lost and wandered around bits of Edinburgh I've not seen before, ate more mozerella and basil panninis than I cared for, tried various liqours I've never tasted before - I warn against Lovage Liqour, it was not nice, although I was apparantly drinking it incorrectly, bought new shoes, and hair clips, drank lots of coffee...I could go on, but I will stop there...
Anyway, as much as it was nice to be back in my own bed, I already want to go back. And to do that I must sort myself out and get on with it! Today, I'm going to finish off my website. Not too much energy needed for that and it's a step in the right direction, and something that can go on my application somewhere.

P.S Etsy shop update tomorrow Monday evening!

No comments: