Pages

Saturday 19 January 2008

....

I have an appointment next week to see the MFA course director at Edinburgh college of art next week. Just to have a look around and see what they have to offer. I hope it doesn't disappoint.
I've been researching artists and my artwork today and it's left me longing to be back in a creative space. A real working creative art space, a place to share ideas and get excited about ideas and put those ideas into practice. I've got so many things I want to do. Things that aren't really possible in a domestic situation....well they may be possible, but I'm sure my parents really wouldn't appreciate it! I'm not really sure people at my last college appreciated it. My studio space was filled with dead rodents, jars full of dust and other bits of 'clutter'. Saying that, the only thing on that list that is missing from my current work space is the jars of dust....and I'm sure if I looked under the bed, behind the curtains or wherever I'd be sure to find some of that - along with dead insects no doubt. I like to leave them there.....

Anyway, enough of that, it almost started to sound like I was complaining there! I wasn't, I promise!! I still have small ideas too, so I am quite content, more than content sitting in my attic rooms making pretty things. But hey, soon I could be sitting in a lovely room in Edinburgh doing that :) I'll just make sure I find nice and understanding flat mates who don't mind my procession of dead things!

Talking of small pretty things my Etsy shop will (hopefully) have things in it by Monday evening! I have been finishing things off today, and I plan to get some more things done tomorrow. Then photos on Monday morning - sunshine forecast for the next week!!

I was going to wait until I came back from Edinburgh, but that would be putting things off again. Just bite the bullet and get on with it my little shop has been sitting empty for far too long now.

Hmm...another all text post....oh well I will post prettiness soon!

1 comment:

*******chocolatecanary********* said...

Great Blog Lost! I love Endinburgh. Good luck on your etsy shop.