Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2008

Happy New Year!

It's a cold start to the new year, and it is said, by the clever weather type people, that it will be getting colder with snow tomorrow and Thursday. I do hope it does. The last few times it has been promised it just hasn't materialised. Last time I saw snow I was living in Birmingham and was on the bus from hell, stuck in the snow with no heat and freezing cold wet feet for 2 and a half hours. Not nice. And it was last February!! This time I will be in a warm house, with a beautiful view. Or in big green wellington boots, a warm coat and woolen scarf running around the garden like a child who's eaten too many E numbers! Either one is fine with me.

I've had a nice cosy day today, infront of the computer for most of it. Researching and shopping. To be honest, I've done a lot more browsing than shopping. And a lot more shopping than researching!...a nice lazy day.

I was looking for new sketchbooks, spiral bound ones which I used to use hundreds of in a matter of months whilst at college. Then I thought about it and realised I only used hundreds of them as they were cheap and didn't have many pages in. So I've treated myself to a few different sized
Moleskines, from Amazon. Although I wasn't planning to buy books, one or two, or possibly more ended up in my shopping cart....

How to Make Books which I was actually hoping to receive for Christmas, but didn't, so we shall say it's a late Christmas gift for myself.

Ways of Seeing - John Berger which I've bought once before, but I have no idea where it is and haven't seen it in a long time, even when moving house so I presume it has gone to booky heaven, which is probably located down the back of a radiator in a house I once lived in.

Yes Man - Danny Wallace, because I fancied something funny to read along with the more serious, yet still fairly amusing My Mother, Myself which I'm currently half way through.

I was also looking at purchasing new tights. This is one problem with moving from Birmingham, where everything was so easily accessible, a consumerists dream, to where I am now, miles away from any form of shop, let alone one that sells beautiful tights, shoes, clothes....So now internet shopping is my friend. Atleast it would be if I could find what I wanted - preferably in the UK so the shipping doesn't cost a fortune! And if it is in the UK, somewhere that doesn't think that NE Scotland is the Highlands and charges me an extra £8 for additional courier services!! (I shouldn't really complain. I get to stomp around the countryside in the snow, instead of being stuck on a bus in the snow and that is much better than easily accessible hoisery!)

My posts should be getting a lot more attractive very soon. My digital camera, which was left in Birmingham is currently somewhere between there and here in the post. I can't wait for it to arrive. I'll be able to take photographs of the work I've done, things to put on Etsy, skirts I've made, snow!! Hoorah!

I shall now retire, back to my search for perfect tights. Wish me luck.

And Happy New Year to whoever happens to read this!
x

No comments: