Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2008

shop update!


Etsy
Buy Handmade
lostintheforest


I've added some new necklaces and a couple of brooches to the shop today. I had to give in to the gloominess and just take the pictures, when we get some more sunshine I'll retake them I think.

I've been making new resiny things today, some new pendants, brooches and birds. I'm also experimenting with a new frame mould I got - I really hope it turns out well as I've got so many ideas for these little frames.
I really need to write a note to myself on the top of the resin tin - "do not make more than 300ml at a time!!!" I was rushing round trying to find moulds to use up the last 100ml from the first batch I made - I was not planning to make any pendants or brooches today! They shall all be finished off tomorrow, so we'll see how they turn out having not been planned in the slightest. I often work better not planning things properly....but we'll see!

I'm hoping to get some sewing done tomorrow. I've got a vintage slip that is crying out to be made into something beautiful! I've also got to find some time (that really is the wrong thing to be saying here!) to sort out my images for my MFA application. I got feedback from my old tutors about my proposal and they say it's great, so I need to add some images, tick some boxes on the form and send it off. Then the rest of my life is in the hands of somebody else! Pretty scary really!

For the rest of the evening I'm finishing those 'fetching' gloves I'm knitting - yes finally - it's been 2 months now for something that should really have only taken a few days! I only have the thumb to do so it should be done in no time! haha. This will be followed by settling down in bed in my PJs to watch Shameless and do some doodling in my sketch book....nice and relaxing which is exactly what I need this evening.

5 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Great avatar!
And beautiful pieces!
Sandra Evertson

thecuriousrabbit said...

cant wait to see the vintage slip finished.... i love vintage lace... gives me that warm little feeling...

High Desert Diva said...

Best of luck with your MFA proposal/app!

OMB said...

Lovely items. I'm going to check out your etsy shop.

shunklies said...

Can't wait to see the Fetchings, I remember my first pair, you'll get hooked!